Application of Mathematical Modelling Techniques
5th, 6th & 7th August, 2019
- Discussion of models for systems of relevance in biotechnology such as product formation in bacterial culture, metabolic processes in the cell and protein interaction.
- Solve these models both analytically and numerically by using MATLAB/MATPLE codes.
- Visualize the results graphically. Analyze and discuss the plausibility of the results.
- Ability to tackle similar problems individually.
About the Trainer:
Dr. Abhishek Dutta
Materials Technology TC, KU Leuven,
Campus Groep T Leuven, Belgium
Dr. Abhishek Dutta has an interest in the field of Chemistry and Mathematics. His work focuses on the kinetic aspects of (bio)chemical systems that make him explore sub domain of Biochemical Engineering, which has immense application in human life and sustainability, in the eventual goal of process intensification. His doctoral studies were in the field of Chemical Engineering from Ghent University Belgium developing mathematical models and he kept working in the mathematical aspects of Bioengineering during his post-doctoral research, also from the same University. Presently, he is in the Faculty of Engineering Technology at KU Leuven, Campus Groep T and his research mainly focuses on the energy and temperature optimisation for high temperature reactor systems in process metallurgy.
Dr. Abhishek Dutta has maintained an active research interest in Biochemical Engineering. In 2018, he was awarded the EU TECO mobility grant on the development of an integrated system for improved resource recovery in East Kolkata Wetlands (EKW) which he worked with the Chemical Engineering Department of Jadavpur University, Biotechnology Department of University of Engineering & Management (UEM) and East Kolkata Wetlands Management Authority (EKWMA) of the Government of West Bengal, Kolkata, India.
- 2 days of explanation of mathematical modeling to students and demonstration with mathematical models.
- One day for the students to work hands-on with relevant mathematical modeling problems with step by step assistance.
Eligibility of the Participants:
Students, researchers, scientists and academicians having pre-knowledge on basic calculus, algebra, basic numerical methods and basic programming to understand MATLAB.
University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata, India
University Area, Plot, Street Number 03, Action Area III, B/5, Newtown, Kolkata, West Bengal 700160
Early Bird Registration : INR 2,500/- (includes training & lunch for 3 days)
- Deadline : 20th July, 2019
Ragular Registration : INR 3,000/- (includes training & lunch for 3 days)
- Deadline : 31st July, 2019
For general queries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
[table id=2 /]
- BIOSPECTRUM 2018
- BIOSPECTRUM 2017
- Best Paper Award
- Best Oral Presentation
- Best Poster Award
- Accepted and Presented Papers will be published as Conference Proceeding of Taylor & Francis